× Members

Difference Between Claim "Cancelled"&"Closed/Shut"

• James
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123266 by James
My claim was suspended.That I understand, it means temporarily stopped until further
notice.
However the Official letter announces that The Claim could go on to enter a state called "Cancelled".
On more reflection I wonder what this 'Cancelled'would mean by using this exact terminology,(it doesnt seem to be quite the same as 'Shut' or 'Closed ')but possibly implies that the whole original claim might be
"annulled"or "invalidated"in some way going back perhaps months from the date when the original infraction(a minor failure to report a small change in circumstances)occurred thus invalidating all payments since that date (several months payments)that would need to be paid back?
Maybe I have got it wrong and it just a turn of phrase to mean Claim will be shut,closed down,
mothballed
Under the circumstances I would prefer the option OF closing the claim.
Since its not got long to go.
Its all due to the mix up with Sanctioning Payments at The DWP.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123271 by Gordon
James

DWP letters are rarely clear, a recent news story even suggested that they are deliberately obscure, I'm afraid that I don't think we can offer any comment on their use of "cancelled" in your most recent letter.

When you posted three weeks ago, you were expecting the outstanding payments to be paid, has this not happened?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• James
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago #123275 by James
Gordon The back money was eventually paid,I had been informed by phone a few days before that it was in hand but there were a couple of odd discrepancies the DWP guy spoke of a sum of around £500 if I recall right but the eventual amount paid was short of that and didnt square with an exact calculation of the 'owed'amounts.However I have accepted this in good grace as the amounts out may only total a few tens of pounds & some pence and its easier to let it pass than try to get any remedy.Any mistake is on their part.
The Sanctioning amount has now been adjusted and is coming in properly about £30 p.w.
But it runs out in weeks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.