× Members

ESA

• james stokes
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123267 by james stokes
ESA was created by james stokes
I have secondary progressive MS and have applied for ESA back in October 2013. I still have not heard anything from them as to what their proposals are. I understand that the initial payments of £72.00 a week stop after a year, so has anybody got any ideas of what I should do. Shall I just wait, or phone them and try to hurry things up.The not knowing is becoming quite stressful and that is not good with my condition.Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123274 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic ESA
It took 7 months for mine to be processed. I think I'd ring the number on the letter to find out how it is progressing. Good Luck.

• bro58
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123276 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum !! :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The £72.40 Assessment Rate of ESA is "supposed" to only be paid for the initial 13 weeks assessment phase of ESA.

Ideally, within that assessment phase period you should undergo the WCA, with or without the need for a face to face assessment.

However, due to the huge backlog of assessments/reassessments, many, many claimants are being forced to survive on the Assessment Rate for many months.

You are correct in that payments of Contribution Based (CB) ESA are limited to 365 days, at the Assessment Rate or in The WRAG. ( i.e. Not in The Support Group (SG) )

Therefore, if you remain in the Assessment Phase or are placed into The WRAG in receipt of payment CB ESA only, said payments will cease after 365 days.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

When you eventually receive a decision on your WCA, an award of WRAG or SG would be back dated to the start of week 14 of your claim, and any arrears of The WRA or SG Component should be paid from that date.

If it was the case that payments of CB ESA ceased, you should then be financially assessed using an ESA 3 Form to see whether you are entitled to payment of Income Related (IR) ESA.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

My best suggestion would be to contact ATOS to obtain an update :

Phone : 0113 230 9175. Or 0800 2888 777. E-Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you get no joy from ATOS you could complain to your M.P. who may be able to expedite your WCA.

Contacting your MP

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris