× Members

DWP taking 3 months to notify of Sanctions

• James
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123270 by James
With the paucity of information surrounding the exact modus operandii of The mysterious Sanctions process I thought maybe the following experience might contribute some light on the matter?
Was recently Sanctioned.ESA.Communication was appalling received no word about what was going on after the final Job Centre Interview invitation was told only verbally by The JC advisor
that The Claim was to be returned to Glasgow.
Heard nothing and at the same time all ESA was cut off.
As discussed before this ought not to have happened but did and stayed that way for 3 long months.Several phone calls and a written letter resulted in no response.Possessions had to be pawned or sold.
Eventually I found out that the letter had been received.
I also eventually found out that it had taken 4 months for the DWP to get round to letting
another Benefit agency know(Housing)what had happened with the claim.
The first I knew was when The HB Dept contacted me telling me of The DWP
decision with the amount.
News to me.
To date although The DWP have made good back money I have never received anything in wiriting whatsoever from The DWP confirming any of all this at all.I feel they ought to have communicated better with me as all the struggle waiting and anxiety was dumped onto me adding to an already fraught condition.
Now with time running out both Agencies want to end my Claims all together.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.