× Members

Which is better?Face 2 Face or Hand In Documents?

• James
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago #123297 by James
For what its worth I observe that the trend is to abolish general Face 2 Face
Take A Ticket and wait methods for local Claimants.Probably due to austerity
I know of one that's gone recently.
The alternative is a pre booked appointment or Hand in Documents.
Which is better do you think?
Face 2 Face pre booked you get all the body language etc
But some folks tend to disregard the written word more.
Its more distant.
Watch out Atos once you've done their dirty work of booting off 100,000s you are next for the sack!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123298 by Gordon
James

You will have to forgive me!

Hand what documents, to whom, in connection with what?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• James
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago #123299 by James
Oh Generally I was thinking of Job Centres,Local Councils,ATOS Appointment Centres and the like in connection with Claims.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123300 by Gordon

James wrote: Oh Generally I was thinking of Job Centres,Local Councils,ATOS Appointment Centres and the like in connection with Claims.

Local Authorities, at least where I am, do everything by post, you have to have an appointment to do anything at a JC+ and ATOS invite you so there isn't really any choice in the matter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: James

• Rubyred
9 years 9 months ago #123304 by Rubyred
Face to Face appointments/assessments do not give the assessor a true picture of the person they are assessing.
A paper or more favoured telephone assessment in some cases, can give a completely different, untrue and dangerous picture.
Some people are not able to describe how they are, how they manage etc.

A Face to Face I think gives the best overall picture. I have recently had a F 2 F for a PIP assessment, I would not have been able to clearly describe how I was on that day, it was by far the best day for me to be assessed.
I worry far too much about people with borderline dementia, for example, being asked on the phone to say how they are, scary!!

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123337 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Which is better?Face 2 Face or Hand In Documents?

Face to Face appointments/assessments do not give the assessor a true picture of the person they are assessing.
A paper or more favoured telephone assessment in some cases, can give a completely different, untrue and dangerous picture.
Some people are not able to describe how they are, how they manage etc.

A Face to Face I think gives the best overall picture. I have recently had a F 2 F for a PIP assessment, I would not have been able to clearly describe how I was on that day, it was by far the best day for me to be assessed.
I worry far too much about people with borderline dementia, for example, being asked on the phone to say how they are, scary!!

Hi RR,

In general, I agree that F2F gives the best overall picture, pretty much like opting for an oral appeal rather than a paper hearing, where the Tribunal reaches a decision on the case papers alone, rather than the appellant attending an appeal and explaining to the Tribunal their care and/or mobility needs.

However, in many cases, both ATOS and Capita are now using nurses, physiotherapists and occupational therapists etc rather than qualified doctors. As I'm now 73 years of age the benefits I receive are pretty safe. I'm on full State Pension, Occupational Pension & DLA HRM & HRC due to MS, COPD and chronic arthritis.

Whilst I would be happy for a Physiotherapist to assess me for arthritic problems, I don't believe that neurological conditions such as MS, MND, ME/CFS, or diseases like diabetes or heart conditions can be assessed by anyone other than a qualified doctor of medicine, preferably a doctor with experience of these conditions.

Thank you for your valid contributions to this thread.

Good luck :)

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris