× Members

ESA1

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123301 by buster21
ESA1 was created by buster21
Hi there, sorry if it's obvious but I have a few questions. The form asks for information about being an inpatient - is someone who recently visited A&E for 4 hours because of their condition an outpatient? Also, Someone who recently attended a planned all day hospital clinic to monitor their condition - inpatient or outpatient? Additionally, if I'm filling the form in for someone else as a DWP appointee - am I OK putting answers down with me telling DWP about the claimants condition; for example, Sally struggles with walking rather than saying - I struggle with walking? Many thanks.

Buster
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123302 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA1
Hi Buster,

No, A+E and day case visits do not count as 'inpatient' care.

As far as filling in the forms is concerned, you can do down one of two tracks, it is up to you. You can fill out the form as if you were the claimant and get them to sign it, or you can talk in the third person and sign it yourself. Either way, you should explain exactly what you did and why.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: buster21

More
9 years 9 months ago #123303 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA1
Buster

Whilst there is some variance to the meaning, being an in-patient is usually taken as meaning that you have occupied a bed on a ward. usually overnight, this requires you to have been admitted, attending A&E or a day clinic do not count as this, but would still be relevant to the ESA50 when it is issued

If you are completing the form as an Appointee then you should use the third person (she), it is only if the person is able to tell you what to write on the form, but are not able to do it themselves that you can use the first person (I). Don't forget that as an appointee you are taking responsibility for the contents of the forum from a legal standpoint.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, buster21

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.