× Members

esa.reconsideration.

• Rees
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123518 by Rees
esa.reconsideration. was created by Rees
Hi, I sent my esa50 back to Atos December 2013, I received this after I sent a letter to the DWP asking if they would consider me going into the SG from WRAG. I am still waiting to hear from Atos. When my wife rings them they tell her that they are waiting for a slot for me to have a F2F. While waiting for this I have had a letter off my GP saying what exactly is wrong with my back as I have had an MRI scan since I was placed in the WRAG. I have sent this letter to ATOS but I haven't sent it to the DWP, would it be worth me sending it to them or is it to late as it is in the hands of ATOS. Have you any idea as of the waiting times with ATOS , I live in South Wales.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123520 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa.reconsideration.
Hi Rees,

I'm afraid that both DWP and ATOS have a huge backlog of cases and, unfortunately, the time you have had to wait is not unusual. We used to advise that it might help to ask your MP to help but, to be honest, even this does not seem to speed things up at the moment :(

You can carry on sending information and evidence in right until the time the decision is made. Indeed, it could still be possible to get your claim decided without a face2face assessment if your evidence is compelling enough.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rees

• Rees
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123581 by Rees
Replied by Rees on topic esa.reconsideration.
Hi thanks for your reply, should I send my letter of scan to the dwp local office that deals with my payments or to the office that the decision maker of my claim works at. thank you
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by .

9 years 9 months ago #123583 by
Replied by on topic esa.reconsideration.

Rees wrote: Hi thanks for your reply, should I send my letter of scan to the dwp local office that deals with my payments or to the office that the decision maker of my claim works at. thank you

Hi R,

If you are aware of the DWP Office address where the DM works that is dealing with your request for a review to be placed into The SG, then you can post a copy to that address, FAO The ESA Decision Maker.

If you don't have this information, then post it to the address on your most recent ESA letter, FAO The ESA Decision Maker.

If in the mean time, you receive an appointment for a F2F, you can also take a copy to the assessment and hand it to The ATOS HCP before the assessment begins.

bro58

• Rees
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123587 by Rees
Replied by Rees on topic esa.reconsideration.
Thanks for the quick reply, I have already taken it to the ATOS offices, about 2 months ago, still haven't heard anything. Just wondered if it would be worth sending it to DWP to see if they can make a decision without going to ATOS, but as they already passed it over to ATOS then would it make any difference to my claim, because it is already in the hands of ATOS to make the decision.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123592 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa.reconsideration.
Rees

The DWP cannot make a Decision on an ESA claim once it has been referred to ATOS for an assessment, this does not necessarily mean a face to face, until ATOS make a recommendation on the claim and return the claimants file.

We recommend copying any information that is supplied separately from the ESA50 to the DWP as there is a possibility of it not being included in your file by ATOS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rees

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.