× Members

Procedure for PIP Mandatory Recon

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #123558 by Augustus
Procedure for PIP Mandatory Recon was created by Augustus
Good Afternoon

Could the panel help me with the above issue. Specifically:

I asked DWP for an PIP appeal form on basis of previous experience with ATOS. They said no such form now exists and when a decision is made, a DWP decision maker will call me.

I don't want to talk to a DWP DM over the phone about such complex issues and my health won't allow coherent answers. So can I ask if there is a dedicated mandatory recon form I could ask to be sent to me which I could add to any detailed issues I want to add - as part of my response to the detailed scoring which now appears on the decision letters?

Am i at a disadvantage in optiong to do it this way?

Thanks

A
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #123562 by
Replied by on topic Procedure for PIP Mandatory Recon

Augustus wrote: Good Afternoon

Could the panel help me with the above issue. Specifically:

I asked DWP for an PIP appeal form on basis of previous experience with ATOS. They said no such form now exists and when a decision is made, a DWP decision maker will call me.

I don't want to talk to a DWP DM over the phone about such complex issues and my health won't allow coherent answers. So can I ask if there is a dedicated mandatory recon form I could ask to be sent to me which I could add to any detailed issues I want to add - as part of my response to the detailed scoring which now appears on the decision letters?

Am i at a disadvantage in optiong to do it this way?

Thanks

A

Hi A,

I know this is a rarity !! ,

But, The DWP are correct, there is no pro-forma for requesting an MR.

As you may know the GL24 Form used to be the one, prior to 28/10/13 for adverse decisions.

You could type up the reasons for your MR Request on A4 Paper, making it clear that you are formally requesting an MR and giving your reasons why you cannot discuss it over the phone.

You should be aware that this could lengthen the MR process.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

If the MR is unsuccessful, you should then receive a "Written Notice" of this, and it is not until you receive said notice that you can proceed in appealing directly to The First Tier Tribunal.

See :

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

It is explained further in :

"PIP Appeals"

"Guide to PIP appeals
A 25 page detailed guide on challenging PIP decisions through Mandatory Reconsideration and Appeal."

On this : Page.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

More
9 years 10 months ago #123572 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Procedure for PIP Mandatory Recon
Augustus

In addition to our PIP MR & Appeal guide there is also a PIP Appeal Submissions guide that includes a template letter for requesting an MR.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.