× Members

PIP Decision Timeframe

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123586 by soprano
PIP Decision Timeframe was created by soprano
Hi, I applied for ESA 4yrs ago and was put it the WRAG since then my health has worsened so I tried to get put in the support group and finally succeeded in june of this year, I also applied for PIP DEC 2013 and finally got my assessment appointment also in june some (6 months wait) I am now waiting for the DM @ the DWP to give me the news almost 7 weeks so my questions are; will being in the support group for ESA have any baring on my PIP claim, what changes to my ESA will the DWP make if my PIP successful and finally what is the expected timeframe be to get a decision on the PIP as I have been in touch with DWP and they said that they had all the information they needed and I would get a decision in due course ! Thank you for all your help on this site as I have used all your guidelines in my claim so far...Soprano
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123590 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Decision Timeframe

soprano wrote: Hi, I applied for ESA 4yrs ago and was put it the WRAG since then my health has worsened so I tried to get put in the support group and finally succeeded in june of this year, I also applied for PIP DEC 2013 and finally got my assessment appointment also in june some (6 months wait) I am now waiting for the DM @ the DWP to give me the news almost 7 weeks so my questions are; will being in the support group for ESA have any baring on my PIP claim, what changes to my ESA will the DWP make if my PIP successful and finally what is the expected timeframe be to get a decision on the PIP as I have been in touch with DWP and they said that they had all the information they needed and I would get a decision in due course ! Thank you for all your help on this site as I have used all your guidelines in my claim so far...Soprano

Hi s,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum !! :)

Congratulations on gaining access to The SG in June !! :)

ESA and PIP have totally different qualifying criteria, and are indeed totally separate benefits.

The ESA Assessment (WCA) is targeted at your limitations with regards to Work, or Work Related Activity. (WRA)

Whereas, with PIP, it is "How your disability affects you" with respect to "Walking" limitations and Care as in the "Daily Living Component"

The DWP have stated that ESA Medical Reports will not be used in the PIP decision making process, and vice-versa.

However, if you have a copy of the ESA Medical Report that was used in the making of the SG decision, and you feel that it is supportive of your PIP claim, there is nothing to stop you sending a copy to The PIP DM.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

If you are awarded the Standard or Enhanced rate of Daily Living component of PIP, this may entitle you to IR : ESA Premiums.

As you are now in The SG, as you will see from the above link, you may already be entitled to payment of The Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) if you are entitled to payment of IR ESA or IR ESA top-ups on top of CB ESA.

Whatever the PIP decision is, it should not have any adverse affect on your ESA.

Have a look at one of my previous posts regarding : IR ESA Premiums.

bro58

• bro58
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123594 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Decision Timeframe
Hi s,

Sorry, missed your final query :

"and finally what is the expected timeframe be to get a decision on the PIP"

I am afraid that this is one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions.

As you may know, there are delays and back logs with the PIP assessment/decision making process.

My best suggestion would be to contact the PIP Help Line periodically for updates.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.