× Members

volunteer work on (H)m(M)c

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123588 by terdun9
volunteer work on (H)m(M)c was created by terdun9
HI i was wondering if i could volunteer for charity shop 1 morning a week being on (H) m & (M)c i also care for my husband, i really hoping that i can get out the house 1 morning a week the shop will be told that i am on this benefit and that i need to be seated to help them and cant be on my feet for very long .
But i really want to try and find something to do, am i wise to try help others out

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic volunteer work on (H)m(M)c

Jacqui wrote: HI i was wondering if i could volunteer for charity shop 1 morning a week being on (H) m & (M)c i also care for my husband, i really hoping that i can get out the house 1 morning a week the shop will be told that i am on this benefit and that i need to be seated to help them and cant be on my feet for very long .
But i really want to try and find something to do, am i wise to try help others out

I assume that you are referring to DLA :)

Claimants are not required to notify the DWP is they start work (including volunteering), providing that their doing so is not at odds with their stated limitations when they were last assessed for the benefit.

As you are receiving Higher Rate Mobility then you need to ask yourself whether the journey to and from the shop and any time you might spend standing is consistent with your being considered virtually unable to walk.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.