× Members

can I claim any benefit?

More
9 years 10 months ago #123606 by swanny1
can I claim any benefit? was created by swanny1
A long story but the basics are I am no longer entitled to Guaranteed Pension Credit as I have had to sell my house to repay the mortgage and been left with a sum of capital. I was previously on Incapacity Benefit, DLA, (high high)and Inc Support until the sale of my house. I am 63 with 2 years before I claim my pension and originally was told I was exempt from NI subscriptions and placed in the ESA support group. I reported to the DWP my house sale and fully expected to be taken of my PC but the question remains, should I now be getting some sort of credit for my NI subs and any sort of sick pay? do I return to ESA? if so how, the DWP do not seem to be able or willing to help me other than tell me I have to live on my capital, is this correct? are all benefits like IB and JS now means tested?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #123611 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic can I claim any benefit?
Swanny

You need to check your paperwork from the DWP as I would have expected you to still be receiving Contribution Based ESA as you were transferred from IB and you are in the Support Group.

I would expect you to receive (in brief) ESA(CB) as a separate payment and PC with the amount of your ESA(CB) deducted.

ESA(CB) is not affected by your savings.

Your DLA is not means test and should remain in payment until you are transferred to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: swanny1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris