× Members

ESA Review (2nd)

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123649 by lancaster77
ESA Review (2nd) was created by lancaster77
I am new to the forum, although been a member for few years.

I was transferred from IB over to ESA (IR) in 2011. I received a phonecall within 2 weeks then and was told I was placed in Support group, without any medical or meeting.

Then back in early May this year received the ESA50 again. I did as I did back in 2011, but 2 months on and I have heard nothing.. I am getting really worried especially as in 2011 the process and result was so quick? My health is suffering, just like everyone else in same situation.

My questions are - should I phone the DWP? Is there a backlog? And does this mean I will be having a medical this time? Has anyone got advice on whether I should contact them? I didn't really want to unless absolutely necessary..just don't know what to do. I sent all my medical letters of support etc with my ESA50 2 months ago. Thank you for reading.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123650 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Review (2nd)
lancaster77

There are currently huge delays in the ESA system, we are currently hearing of member waiting a year for ATOS to decide whether a face to face assessment is required, the back log is reducing but only very slowly, so I am not surprised that you have heard nothing.

You can contact ATOS to see whether they have progressed your assessment or not and whether they are still holding your file.

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

There is little that you can do to escalate the problem, even involving your MP seems to have little effect.

You will continue to receive the Support Group rate until a new Decision is made on your claim, however long that might take.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123651 by
Replied by on topic ESA Review (2nd)

lancaster77 wrote: I am new to the forum, although been a member for few years.

I was transferred from IB over to ESA (IR) in 2011. I received a phonecall within 2 weeks then and was told I was placed in Support group, without any medical or meeting.

Then back in early May this year received the ESA50 again. I did as I did back in 2011, but 2 months on and I have heard nothing.. I am getting really worried especially as in 2011 the process and result was so quick? My health is suffering, just like everyone else in same situation.

My questions are - should I phone the DWP? Is there a backlog? And does this mean I will be having a medical this time? Has anyone got advice on whether I should contact them? I didn't really want to unless absolutely necessary..just don't know what to do. I sent all my medical letters of support etc with my ESA50 2 months ago. Thank you for reading.

Hi l77,

Welcome to the forum !! :)

Things have changed for the worse since 2011 regarding the length of time that ESA assessments and reassessments are taking.

The DWP and ATOS have huge back logs with this.

Therefore, as things currently stand, circa 2 months is a relatively short time.

There are a number of our members who have not heard anything at all over 12 months after returning their ESA50 to ATOS.

As you may know, as long as you returned the ESA50 to ATOS by the deadline given, the ball is firmly in their court.

You will continue to receive the current SG rate of ESA until the reassessment has been carried out, and a fresh decision has been made.

If you are sure that the ESA50 was received by ATOS, then there is little more for you to do.

To put your mind at rest, you could e-mail ATOS :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

and request written confirmation that they have received your ESA50.

Please be assured, you are not alone with regards to these delays.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by .

More
9 years 9 months ago #123655 by lancaster77
Replied by lancaster77 on topic ESA Review (2nd)
Thank you Gordon for your prompt and helpful reply.
At least I know there is a backlog and the contact numbers are very useful. Many thanks.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123657 by lancaster77
Replied by lancaster77 on topic ESA Review (2nd)
Thank you so much for your advice and welcome.

My carer sent my ESA50 Special Delivery for me and I checked the following day and it was received at ATOS. Because my letters of support were late being sent to me (from my consultant) this in turn made the posting later than I would have liked. But nevertheless it was received a couple of days before the cut off date. I also phoned the DWP to inform them of this and I was advised to complete the section on late posting. The DWP lady made a note on my file that i was posting that day and reasons why.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris