× Members

Nominated Appointee

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123667 by DaPa
Nominated Appointee was created by DaPa
I have had my Mother as appointee since 1991.

I wish to deal with my benefits myself now, how do you go about notifying the DWP and would it be considered a changes of circumstances?

CB
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123668 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Nominated Appointee

Charlie Brown wrote: I have had my Mother as appointee since 1991.

I wish to deal with my benefits myself now, how do you go about notifying the DWP and would it be considered a changes of circumstances?

CB

I would start by discussing this with your mother, if nothing else you need to know whether she would oppose this change.

Write to the DWP offices dealing with each of the benefits you are receiving ask them to evaluate whether you are capable of handling your own affairs. They will likely then arrange for someone to come and see you and your mother and discuss what the change would mean and to see whether they agree that you are now capable of taking on these responsibilities.

This should not count as a Change of Circumstances, unless you have qualified for any of your benefits in part or in whole because you cannot manage your own affairs, PIP certainly looks at this, a couple of the ESA Descriptors are loosely connected, without knowledge of how you have qualified it is difficult to be specific.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 9 months ago #123669 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Nominated Appointee
Hi CB,

Can I ask why your mother was appointed to act on your behalf ? If you can reply, I'll do my best to advise you further.

Jim Allison.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 9 months ago #123701 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic Nominated Appointee

Jim Allison wrote: Hi CB,

Can I ask why your mother was appointed to act on your behalf ? If you can reply, I'll do my best to advise you further.

Jim Allison.

It was after I was involved in a RTC in 1991.

I was unable to write due to losing the use of my right arm/hand and also needed assistance to propel my wheelchair.

I pretty much need assistance 24/7 for the first 3 years.
My Mum is now 73 and disabled herself and feels it is too much for her.

CB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 9 months ago #123702 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Nominated Appointee
Then best to follow Gordon's advice.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.