× Members

Pension Credits Over 30 Years?

• James
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123689 by James
Pension Credits Over 30 Years? was created by James
Hi Following on from Mrs Hurtybacks information that 30 years of Pension Credits receives a full pension I need to check the record they sent listing all the years credits to see how many years I do have.
Its close to 30 I think as have been in continuous employment or benefits since 1980.
However if its one or two less say 25-28 and the LCW conrtibutions are halted would this mean no or reduced pension,
and
if theres 30 years whats the point of contributing extra years over that limit-do you get a super pension please?
The option would seem to be complete your 30 years then get out?
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123691 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension Credits Over 30 Years?
James

The current requirement is 30 years but is likely to rise to 35 if the current planned changes to pensions are implemented, also it is not the number of years that you have worked but the number of years that you have paid or been credited NICs, many of those on low pay often do not receive NICs at all, the only way to know for certain is to request a statement from HMRC.

In principle there is no point acquiring further NICs once you have met the then current requirement, but if the requirement is changed again, then you could still lose out. The changes will introduce a minimum number of NICs in order to receive any pension and not having the required number will result in a reduced pension.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.