× Members

Will my ESA increase

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago #125055 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Will my ESA increase
I am in the process of answering your other post which I will merge with this topic for continuity.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125058 by bro58

Markov wrote: So annoyed today I phoned up esa and was told I would not be entitled to a severe disability premium as I live at my mothers. So the extra esa top up I thought I would get I wont now. I am on middle rate care and low mobility. Is this correct I am so annoyed now and angry as I thought I was entitled to this and now nothing just because I live with my mother who helps care for me. The house isnt even bought and my mother is on benefits and she also cares for her father and gets carer allowance

Hi M,

Sorry to hear this !!! :(

As you will see from the link that I provided previously :

ESA Premiums

To receive The SDP, you must satisfy all of the following :

"be receiving the Care component of Disability Living Allowance (middle or higher rate) or Personal Independance Allowance Daily Living (either rate)

live alone (there are exceptions to this rule)

no one else must be getting carer's allowance for looking after you"

As you don't live alone, this would exclude you. (Although there are a few exceptions)

I am not aware of any Benefits that Mum may be in receipt of, but if she is not already in receipt of Carers Allowance (CA) for providing care for you, and as it seems that you are not entitled to payment of The SDP, she may be entitled to CA.

If not, maybe someone else could claim CA for providing a minimum of 35 Hours/Week care for you.

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/overview

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125100 by Markov
Replied by Markov on topic Will my ESA increase
Thank you Bro58 for your reply. Yes I am saddened to hear I cannot receive the sdp. My mother already claims carers allowance for looking after my grandfather aswell. On my dla form I never mentioned anyone cares for me apart from my mum and a few family members.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125101 by bro58

Markov wrote: Thank you Bro58 for your reply. Yes I am saddened to hear I cannot receive the sdp. My mother already claims carers allowance for looking after my grandfather aswell. On my dla form I never mentioned anyone cares for me apart from my mum and a few family members.

Hi M,

If Mum is already in receipt of CA for providing care for someone else, then she cannot claim it also for providing care for you.

Just because you haven't mentioned having a Carer before, does not mean that someone cannot claim CA for providing the 35 Hours/Week of care for you now.

To receive The Care Component of DLA, you do not have to be actually receiving the care, it is whether the care "Is reasonably required".

Otherwise, people living alone with care needs would never be awarded Care Component DLA.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.