× Members

PIP descision

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #124889 by bella
PIP descision was created by bella
I would just like to thank you and your site for helping me through my pip claim!
I have been awarded enhanced rate care and enhanced rate mobility I feel so relieved I could cry!
My claim took 7 months and the decision was made 2 weeks after my medical so alot quicker than I first thought

Just a quick question I have been sent the form for severe disability premium and I have sent it back, do you know how long they take to pay me severe disability if I'm entitled and do they backdate it to when my award started because I had to wait so long for medical etc my award date starts in jan this year so will I have sdp backdated to then?

Many thanks for all your help!
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: waheed alam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #124890 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP descision

bella wrote: I would just like to thank you and your site for helping me through my pip claim!
I have been awarded enhanced rate care and enhanced rate mobility I feel so relieved I could cry!
My claim took 7 months and the decision was made 2 weeks after my medical so alot quicker than I first thought

Just a quick question I have been sent the form for severe disability premium and I have sent it back, do you know how long they take to pay me severe disability if I'm entitled and do they backdate it to when my award started because I had to wait so long for medical etc my award date starts in jan this year so will I have sdp backdated to then?

Many thanks for all your help!

Hi b,

That is really good news !!! :cheer:

Thanks for letting us know.

If you are entitled to payment of The SDP, it will be backdated to the date of PIP Daily Living Award.

Therefore, with the arrears of PIP that are owed to you (from circa Jan 2014) you should have a nice lump sum coming your way. :)

Your PIP lump sum may appear in your Bank Account quite quickly.

If The SDP is payable this may take 6-8 weeks to come through, and would be paid on top of the "qualifying benefit" e.g. ESA. Any SDP lump sum owed to you would be paid separately.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.