× Members

Esa wca re-test still waiting

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125168 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Esa wca re-test still waiting
Bro,

I haven’t been called to a F2F assessment. ATOS reached a decision on paper evidence alone and returned my file to the DWP almost eight weeks ago with a clear recommendation. How long is “reasonable”

Mari
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #125174 by
Replied by on topic Esa wca re-test still waiting

MariW wrote: Bro,

I haven’t been called to a F2F assessment. ATOS reached a decision on paper evidence alone and returned my file to the DWP almost eight weeks ago with a clear recommendation. How long is “reasonable”

Mari

Hi MW,

In my opinion, if The DWP received a paper recommendation from ATOS 8 weeks ago, they have already had what would be considered to be a "reasonable" amount of time to come to a decision.

If you wish to chase the DWP up on this :

ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125175 by MariW
I’m nervous, Bro, very nervous. My carer phoned on my behalf after three weeks. I’d been advised on this forum to give the DWP a ring after about a fortnight. She phoned again as we hit five weeks. We had a call back from a more senior person. Still no decision…and no promises. Here’s the entire tale:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=101554

I don’t want to rock the boat.

Mari

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125176 by
Replied by on topic Esa wca re-test still waiting

MariW wrote: I’m nervous, Bro, very nervous. My carer phoned on my behalf after three weeks. I’d been advised on this forum to give the DWP a ring after about a fortnight. She phoned again as we hit five weeks. We had a call back from a more senior person. Still no decision…and no promises. Here’s the entire tale:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=101554

I don’t want to rock the boat.

Mari

MW,

As your benefit payments will not alter until a decision has been made, you cannot lose, no matter how long they take to come to decision.

Although, I do understand that you wish to know one way or the other, as you may feel that you are in a state of "limbo" at the moment.

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago #125179 by MariW
It’s about more than money, Bro, essential though that is. I lost physical energy in dealing with the paperwork to do with my claim and now I’m losing emotional well-being not knowing whether the right decision will be made. Thanks for your help.

Mari :)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris