× Members

Call from Capita just now.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125041 by Judy
Call from Capita just now. was created by Judy
:( I was caught totally unawares by a call from Capita just now. They wanted to question me more before my home visit next week. They seemed to be going through my form I filled out but when I said you'll know all this because it's on the form he denied having it there.

He didn't really ask me anything that wasn't already on the form, it took ages and took it out of me. He said it was to save time for when the person comes to visit me. What should I expect now? Where they trying to catch me out. I'm fearful that I couldn't remember a lot of what was on the form, my photocopies were not to hand. Can they hold this telephone conversation against me?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125049 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Call from Capita just now.
Judy

I have to admit we have not heard of this happening before, it is possible that having looked at the form there was a question as to whether an assessment was actually required or not, if this is the case then you will have to watch the post.

If you have stated that you have problems with communicating with others either because of a physical problem such as deafness, or a mental health issue such as Social Phobia then your speaking to them on the phone may count against you, but if not then I can't see it being an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

More
9 years 7 months ago #125056 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Call from Capita just now.
Yes I have specifically asked not to be phoned. I have said I find it difficult to get to the phone, as luck (or not in my case) I was right by the phone because I had just put the phone down to a private call.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125076 by Judy
This was a full blown medical done over the phone, I'm sure of it. I was asked to get my meds, I had to SPELL each one and tell them the amount of times and what mg I was taking. I was asked who visits me, who lives with me and do I have any friends, what my hobbies were, everything. It took an hour and by the end of it I was totally shattered.

It was unexpected, I had no time to prepare myself or even have any support with me. This was more than just asking for extra information, it was going through my notes section by section. And quite frankly the only thing left for a home visit to be done is the taking of the blood pressure as they covered everything. From how I get about to what hobbies do I have. No stone was left unturned. So be warned. Have your notes by your phone.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125080 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Call from Capita just now.
Hi Judy

This is really difficult for us to offer advice on, claimants do not have to take these calls, especially if they have indicated that they do not want telephone contact, however, and this is the problem, it could be in there interest to proceed with the call.

At the moment we don't know the knock on effects will be but you can consider making a complaint to Capita, their web page has details of how to proceed.

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

More
9 years 7 months ago #125081 by Judy
Thank you for your very prompt reply, at no time was I advised by them that I didn't have to take the call. I'm not sure if complaining to the hand that feeds them would be a good idea. Just hope it hasn't worked against me and if it has I will appeal, it's a bit unethical I feel for them to do this.

I expect they are trying to clear the huge backlog of claimants.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.