× Members

esa due to run out what do i do

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125115 by maz
esa due to run out what do i do was created by maz
hi my esa is up on 22 oct 14 what do i do my nurses and drs say i am not fit to work still be assed for mental health issues they think i have bioplar also tramatic stress disorder ocd panic attacks and other social problems they are finding it hard for medication for the bioplar as i am on warfrain for life where ndo i start about esa been on it 24 months passed a appeal last time
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125117 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa due to run out what do i do
Maz

ESA is an indefinite award with regular re-assessment, so you will continue to be paid ESA until a new Decision is made on your claim.

Unless you are already in the middle of a re-assessment which does not appear to be the case from your post, then your ESA will not end on 22 October, ESA award letters do not include a either the length of the award or an end date, this date is most likely an administrative date used by the DWP.

If I have misunderstood the information in you post, then please reply to this email.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125118 by maz
Replied by maz on topic esa due to run out what do i do
hi im sure the judge gave me the 24months from appeal date then said it should be looked at again i would have to get judges letter out from court to be sure on letter it has 22oct

More
9 years 7 months ago #125121 by Gordon

maz wrote: hi im sure the judge gave me the 24months from appeal date then said it should be looked at again i would have to get judges letter out from court to be sure on letter it has 22oct

Tribunal Judges can only make recommendations with regard to when a claimant will be re-assessed their views are not binding on the DWP. If you are not currently being re-assessed then your ESA will continue in payment until you are and a new Decision on your claim is made.

If you phone the DWP office that deals with your claim they should be able to tell you when you are due to be re-assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125122 by maz
Replied by maz on topic esa due to run out what do i do
hi gordon many thanks will my cpn etc be able to deal with this on my behalf also the bioplar is jjust being diagnoised also being parniod on occussions etc has become more frequed do i have to let the dwp know my next full meeting with all mental health people is on 2nd oct

More
9 years 7 months ago #125126 by Gordon
Maz

It's difficult to give advice about a worsened condition, in part it will depend on which group you are already in?

If you are in the Support Group already then telling the DWP your conditions have worsened will have no effect, if you are in the WRAG then it will depend, to a considerable extent, on whether the change is sufficient for you to now meet the SG criteria, you also need to consider whether the change is temporary or you will be affected for a period of time.

I would suggest you talk to your CPN about the change and see what their thoughts on the matter are.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.