× Members

supporting letter

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125131 by Rachie
supporting letter was created by Rachie
I have a short letter from gp of support for esa as my esa113 was filled out so poorly,and had no info on it.Any advice on what to write on covering letter as am faxing it and would like it to be read and considered before I have another medical next week.My gp offered to be contacted for more info which I was hoping they may do to get info and may delay or cancel medical.[doubtful I know]
Any advice greatly received.
Thanks x
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125136 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic supporting letter

Rachie wrote: I have a short letter from gp of support for esa as my esa113 was filled out so poorly,and had no info on it.Any advice on what to write on covering letter as am faxing it and would like it to be read and considered before I have another medical next week.

My gp offered to be contacted for more info which I was hoping they may do to get info and may delay or cancel medical.[doubtful I know]
Any advice greatly received.
Thanks x

Hi R,

DWP/ATOS seldom contact a claimant's G.P. only in around 25% of cases.

You should send a copy to ATOS.

Contact details can be seen on the right of this page, under WCA Customer Service: :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

You could also send a copy FAO The ESA Decision Maker at the address of the DWP benefits office on your most recent ESA letter.

Include a covering letter stating that you wish this letter to be considered along with your ESA50 and any other evidence when coming to a decision on your entitlement to ESA.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You could also take a copy to the "Medical" and present it to The ATOS HCP before the assessment begins.

In case you haven't already done so, have a read through :

ESAMedical – What to expect

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.