× Members

PIP Mental health for mobility

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125273 by sbir
PIP Mental health for mobility was created by sbir
Hi, i got my PIP app in June i was late filling it in as due to my health and anxiety it was the last thing on my mind, i was late by 3 weeks so i left a message and got a call back. She asked why i was late in sending it and i explained so i was given two weeks longer. I have now sent off my form. With my anxiety i can rarely leave the house as it causes me real distress and even if im with someone it does not make a diffrence to my anxiety, this is fue to my past experiences and lack of trusting anyone. I just wanted to know are they strict with the mobility for mental health? I was diagnosed in 2009 and only claimed now as my condition has gone worse and i could do with this support
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125274 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Mental health for mobility

omr wrote: Hi, i got my PIP app in June i was late filling it in as due to my health and anxiety it was the last thing on my mind, i was late by 3 weeks so i left a message and got a call back. She asked why i was late in sending it and i explained so i was given two weeks longer. I have now sent off my form. With my anxiety i can rarely leave the house as it causes me real distress and even if im with someone it does not make a diffrence to my anxiety, this is fue to my past experiences and lack of trusting anyone. I just wanted to know are they strict with the mobility for mental health? I was diagnosed in 2009 and only claimed now as my condition has gone worse and i could do with this support

Hi omr,

You would have to convince the PIP Assessor/PIP Decision Maker that you would suffer :

"overwhelming psychological distress"

Have a look at this post :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=102069#125209

Here our the : PIP Claims Guides. (2nd Link on page) that Gordon refers to.

The most current version of Guidance given to PIP Assessment Providers (ATOS or Capita) can also be seen on this post :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...5481&start=54#121606

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125276 by sbir
Replied by sbir on topic PIP Mental health for mobility
Thank you for your reply. I sent a letter from my docter saying i cannot manage alone as i live by myself and need allot of help, also i have a letter from social worker saying i need support. would this be suffcient? I know i fit the criteria but im just worried as it might not be worded according to how they want it. so it worrys me.a little.

Kind regards

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago #125280 by bro58

omr wrote: Thank you for your reply. I sent a letter from my docter saying i cannot manage alone as i live by myself and need allot of help, also i have a letter from social worker saying i need support. would this be suffcient? I know i fit the criteria but im just worried as it might not be worded according to how they want it. so it worrys me.a little.

Kind regards

Hi omr,

The letters of support that you mention should help.

Hopefully, it will be evident from the letters of support and a PIP face to face assessment, (if you have one) that you fulfill the actual PIP descriptors that will give you enough points for The relevant PIP award.

Therefore, it will be dependent on whether or not The PIP Assessor/DWP PIP Decision Maker feels that you "fit the criteria".

You can only do your best to ensure that you have made it as clear as possible that you do "fit the criteria".

bro58

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125284 by bro58
Hi omg,

Please try not to worry too much. :) and keep us all updated when you hear anything.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.