× Members

Result without Dr's report

• Hettie
  • Topic Author
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125308 by Hettie
Result without Dr's report was created by Hettie
Hi
I recently had my medical assessment with Capita (coming up to 3 weeks ago). The Health Worker said I should have a decision in about 3 weeks. However, My Doctor hasn't submitted his report yet.
Has anyone had a positive result and award before the Doctors report has gone in?

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125311 by Safekeeping
Replied by Safekeeping on topic Result without Dr's report
Hello, Hettie.

I just posted my positive PIP result, which if approved should be a good read for your criteria.

My GP doesn't do reports/letters because she doesn't believe in passing the cost to her patients. So I lacked a physical report/letter/etc. I had to underscore during the assessment that she must be contacted directly. I'll check again when I'm due in a few months for my checkup, to learn if they contacted her or not, but I think it's a postive result along the lines of what you're looking for.

Best wait and read my post to be sure it's what you're after, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125314 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Result without Dr's report

Hettie wrote: Hi
I recently had my medical assessment with Capita (coming up to 3 weeks ago). The Health Worker said I should have a decision in about 3 weeks. However, My Doctor hasn't submitted his report yet.
Has anyone had a positive result and award before the Doctors report has gone in?

Thanks

Hi H,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

As you mention Capita, I assume this was an assessment for PIP.

As Capita will have sent their Medical Report including recommendation of what PIP Award/s you may be entitled to back to The DWP PIP Decision Maker to make the final decision, if the Doctor's Report that you speak of was requested by you, you should obtain it yourself, and send a copy of it to the address of the DWP PIP Office on your most recent DWP PIP letter, FAO The PIP Decision Maker. :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

If you are assuming that The DWP or Capita have sent a PIP Medical Questionnaire to your G.P. then this is not a definite.

e.g. For ESA they only send out ESA Questionnaires to G.P.'s for around 25% of all ESA claimants.

Other members are welcome to respond if they have personal knowledge of this.

In case you haven't already done so, you can access further information regarding PIP from the links below :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP Self Test

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

With regards to the 3 weeks, I think this is standard advice given to claimants by The PIP Assessors.

You could contact the DWP PIP Helpline for an update.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.