× Members

Home visit PIP

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125242 by Denstew15
PIP was created by Denstew15
Is it best to take medication and proof of hospital letters regarding anxiety and depression ? Now with diagnoses from MRI scan on lower back ? I've heard so many horror stories regarding the apt with face to face assessment . I'm on low DLA runs out February 2015 I never went for medical for ESA is it worth getting GP latest records for apt also . Any advice greatly appreciated .
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125245 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
DS

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Wherever possible we advise claimants to include a copy of any relevant medical evidence when they return the PIP claim form.

It is certainly worth you having a look at your medical records at your GP practice there may well be information that you are not currently aware of and that may be useful to your claim.

If you have not already done so, have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more information about this and other matters related to your claim.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any other questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 6 months ago #125376 by Denstew15
Replied by Denstew15 on topic Home visit PIP
Thanks for the information . Posted pain clinic letter with proof from MRI and Arachnoiditis they have also apt letter with my psychiatrist I'm suffering with anxiety to after a call to medical apt requested a home visit they have said that's fine and a lady to come and see me . I feel so ashamed to be under mental health team and feel like a fraud I'm in agony most days with pain as the burning sensation down my legs and pins & needals I just carry on . I'm a very proud person but if I tell the truth ie at times it takes me a good 2 hours to get underwere on with the pain or shall I just say I just get on with it ! The horror stories I've heard makes this apt even more unsettling . I'm on my own with a son who was medically. Discharged with brain injury and epelepsy . At times when a bad day I'm in pjs all day shall I tell her all this ? Thanks

More
9 years 6 months ago #125381 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Den

Applying for sickness or disability benefits can be very difficult as it requires us to document problems that in reality we may not have come to terms with ourselves, but none of us asked for these problems and we should resist the temptation of also taking on the guilt for having them.

Best of luck with the claim

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denstew15

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.