× Members

pip out come so quick.?? but is it right??

More
9 years 6 months ago #125378 by mb
Hi,

just an up-date had my home assessment 2 weeks today, didnt expect to hear the out come for a while well i was amazed got my pip award saturday,not what i expected as was awarded 8 points for daily living so got standard rate.
4 points for being able to walk 50-200 m

I am grateful and pleased with the quickness and descision made but my main problem is mobility could i ask advise i am unable to drive out of area so i do drive the furthest being 1mile i live close to shops, town, work and my family,

i can not drive to unfilmiliar places that why work send me with other people if out of area for training otherwise i do training days at work place.
would i only get 4 points for mobility because i can drive the 1 mile by myself as this is a filmiliar route, i get lost easy so do not do any journerys bymyself as i get totally disorintated and lost, i am thinking of going for a MR but need your advise.

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125384 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip out come so quick.?? but is it right??
MB

Congratulations on the award so far!

Whilst limitations that a claimant has with driving may be a factor that the Decision Maker will have included when they looked at your award, I think it very unlikely that these problems will result in points.

The test is primarily one of the claimant getting around their local area on foot or using public transport. If you have problems in this area, then I think you would be better concentrating on them and using the example of your driving in support.

In addition, before challenging the Decision you should think carefully about how secure your Daily Living award is as the DWP can look at the whole claim again if you appeal.

If this is something you want to pursue then you should first have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to answer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.