× Members

Submission advice needed

• teabag
  • Topic Author
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125422 by teabag
Submission advice needed was created by teabag
Hi I have had to wait for a home visit from the CAB which was supposed to have been to help with my submission for a tribunal Appeal to try and get PIP mobility, but I think it was a waste of time as when i was visited by CAB I was told they the CAB don't do submissions anymore instead they said I needed to make an appointment with my GP and ask her to fill in a form which is basically a list of the mobility descriptors with a box by the side which GP needs to tick the ones that apply to me and a box for any other comments.
I asked her how many PIP tribunals had been won answer 1.
I really don't think that even if I can get my GP to do this form that it is sufficient for putting my case to the tribunal as my GP had already filled in a form sent by DWP/Atos answering questions and listing my medical conditions, etc.
Do you think this is sufficient. I got points for prompting even tho i need someone with me which is why i'm appealing. Should I get my carer to write a letter for the tribunal?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #125428 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Submission advice needed
Teabag

First let me cover off the number of PIP Tribunals that have been won.

The benefit is so new and it has taken so long for most claimants to be assessed and for a Decision to be made that on the last Tribunal report about three months ago, I don't think there has been a new one yet, there had only been four appeals lodged for PIP across the whole country and all of them had been resolved before they were heard, so I am not surprised that your CAB is quoting such a low figure. It is not indicative of PIP Tribunals not finding for the claimant!

Getting the GP to indicate how far they believe you can walk and any limitations you have with going out is a good idea, but it would be better if they also made a comment about why you have restrictions as this will add more weight. I say this even though your GP has already completed a form sent by the DWP, unless the DWP specifically asked about these things on the form also.

We have made some additional comments in the latest version of the PIP guide in regard to prompting and needing someone with you (see Going Out), we do not believe that the two are the same thing, if you are looking to increase your points you will need to show that you need more than prompting to be able to go out.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: teabag

• teabag
  • Topic Author
9 years 6 months ago #125431 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic Submission advice needed
many thanks for the advice the CAB told me they had won 1 appeal out of 4 or 5 that they had helped with, didn't instil my confidence in them

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.