× Members

PIP Home Visit

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 6 months ago #125461 by Mathew
PIP Home Visit was created by Mathew
Hello B&W forum, I am currently in the process of claiming PIP after successfully passing my ESA medical in June and placed into the "Support Group". I have just recently filled in my PIP questionnaire and have sent in some evidence from my ESA claim letters/reports from doctors, nurses, support workers etc. I would be needing a home visit for my PIP assessment if it comes to a face to face medical. I am worried that if I am not granted a home visit I would have no choice then to cancel my claim as I have been housebound since last November. Is there anything I can do to guarantee a home visit? And is the assessment different for people suffering from mental illness

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125466 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Home Visit
Mathew

In part it will depend on which Assessment Provider is managing your area, ATOS aim to do the majority of assessments in the PIP centres, Capita appear to be doing the majority at the claimants home.

There is no way to guarantee a home assessment but you can significantly improve the chances by having your GP write a letter to the AP explaining why you will be unable to attend at their office.

Assessors follow a standard script for the assessments but they should provide extra emphasis in areas that are relevant to mental health issues.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 6 months ago #125467 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic PIP Home Visit
I have sent in my previous request for a home visit from my GP which I used for my ESA claim is that ok :/

More
9 years 6 months ago #125471 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Home Visit

Mathew wrote: I have sent in my previous request for a home visit from my GP which I used for my ESA claim is that ok :/

It may be, but If you can get one specifically for PIP it would be better.

The assessment looks at your limitations on that day, the ESA letter, from your previous posts, is now more than 5 months old and may no longer be considered as relevant, also, if it states it is in connection with an ESA assessment it may not be seen as applicable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mathew

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 6 months ago #125488 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIP Home Visit

Mathew wrote: Hello B&W forum, I am currently in the process of claiming PIP after successfully passing my ESA medical in June and placed into the "Support Group". I have just recently filled in my PIP questionnaire and have sent in some evidence from my ESA claim letters/reports from doctors, nurses, support workers etc. I would be needing a home visit for my PIP assessment if it comes to a face to face medical. I am worried that if I am not granted a home visit I would have no choice then to cancel my claim as I have been housebound since last November. Is there anything I can do to guarantee a home visit? And is the assessment different for people suffering from mental illness

Before PIP was introduced, from my experience, the vast majority of DLA claimants had a home visit, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. I'm afraid that you cannot insist upon a home visit, you would need something in writing from your GP or other Health Care Professional to support the fact that you are housebound because of mental health problems.

Good luck.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.