× Members

waiting time

• Jay
  • Topic Author
9 years 6 months ago #125487 by Jay
waiting time was created by Jay
Hi I know theres a back log on making pip claim but I applied for pip in November 2013 I finally had a f2f in august and I have been told I had only been awarded 4 points for pip and a decision maker will phone to explain why between15th and 22nd September 2014 and if there was dates I wouldn't be available for the call to ring and let them know. So on the 12 th sept I rang them and said I wouldn't be available mon wed or friday mornings as I have hospital then and also from what Ive seen on the decision notice letter I will be wanting it to be looked at again. I received a call the following Friday morning while I was at hospital on one of the days I said I wouldn't be available and the lady was very nice and apoligised and said she would ring me back, As of last week I still hadn't had my call so I rang them to ask if they know anymore, and I was told to write a letter explaining why I don't agree with the decision and to still wait for my phone call. So I sent in a letter saying why I didn't agree with the decision but I still havnt had my call to explain why so I had to write my reasons about disagreeing with the decision based on the information on the decision letter (which isn't much) and I was also told this morning that there is a back log of paper work and if I check up on whats happening and they have to send an e mail asking whats happening with my case to the decision makers then this is creating more paper work and so more of a back log,oh and the phone call that was made when I was at hospital counts as 1 of my calls.. I feel like ive been forgotten about and now im not to ring and check whats happening I just have to sit and wait for a phone call that should of happened in September,, Is this the way its working at the moment or should I seek further advice as I don't feel as if I could give specific reasons for why I disagree with the decision because ive not been given much information myself,
eeeeek thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125493 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic waiting time
Jay

I am afraid the PIP system is in considerable disarray, the Government have pushed far more claimants through the system than it is capable of managing and as a consequence their are significant delays throughout the system.

There really is no excuse for the DM not phoning you back, the DWP introduced this as part of the process and they should allow time in their diary for this to happen, unfortunately there is little that you can do to force the issue, in all honesty I think it unlikely that the DM will provide much more information than you will have received on the Decision Notice.

If you still want to pursue it then I would try the PIP helpline again, it's not your problem is you are "adding to the delay" by creating more paper work, you can try your MP and finally you can make a formal complaint.

Contacting your MP

Complaining to the DWP

Re you request for a Mandatory Reconsideration, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for more details of the process, MRs are running at about 10-13 weeks on average at the moment.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

The guide covers requesting the documentation used in the making of the Decision and in particular the assessment report, this may give you a better understanding of how the Decision was reached.

If you have any further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.