× Members

mobility re.pip

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125515 by mb
mobility re.pip was created by mb
hi,

i got 4 points for mobility which i cant understand as i a unabe to drive or travel on public transport by myself,i have fybro, ME and under nerurologist for M.S, i did not go into detail on this when i was assessed,and just answered no when i was asked if i could use public transport, do i need to speak to the assessor before asking for a MR. i feel my care coponent is safe even though i know they look at the whole pip award if i ask for award to be reconsidered.

thankyou for any advise.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125521 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic mobility re.pip
Hi mb,

No, you don't need to speak to the assessor before asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration, nor would you actually be allowed to do so.

have a look at our advice regarding MR and also use our PIP guide to decide whether you think you should have been scored more highly on the descriptors that you did score for or whether you think you should have been awarded points for other descriptors too ( or a mixture of both).

PIP help for claimants

Mandatory reconsideration FAQs

Make sure that you get the request for MR submitted in good time.

If/when you have further questions, please reply to the message and we will do our best to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.