× Members

Completing ESA50

• del
  • Topic Author
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125518 by del
Completing ESA50 was created by del
When completing ESA50 for instance regarding steps and mobilising. My own medical professionals stipulated I have not to use walking stick and could not cope with a wheelchair.

My question is due to severe pain, fatigue and other symptoms while walking and also using steps/kerbs I do not know what would be the correct box to tick as I can manage to do both activities but suffer symptoms often severe from onset which quickly exacerbate to excruciating.

Going over B&W information at the moment but not sure if I should tick 'no' due to the fact I must be able to do activities repeatedly, safely ..... Also what is classed as repeatedly, is it once more, several times or whenever I would be requested to do it during work or work-related activity.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125522 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Completing ESA50
Del

For ESA if you suffer significant discomfort when trying to complete an activity then you should not be considered as being able to do it, if you suffer significant discomfort after starting an activity then you should only be considered as being able to do it to the point where the significant discomfort occurs, this is particularly the case for the Mobilising Descriptor.

All activities should be repeatable, there is no definition of how frequently this needs to happen or what is an acceptable gap between attempts, but you should use an able person as a reference point, so as an example an able bodied person, having walked 50m would reasonably be expected to walk another 50m without delay.

Do not feel obliged to use the tick boxes if you do not feel they reflect the way that you want to describe your limitations, just mark the form "see below" and explain in the comments box or attached sheets. This does not mean that you can ignore the request for information, you must still provide the information but in your own words.

You need to make it as simple as possible for the assessor and DM to find information in your evidence, so if your doctors are saying that you cannot use a stick or wheelchair then make it very clear in your answer to the question where they can find this information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: del

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.