× Members

ESA permitted work, selling artwork

More
9 years 7 months ago #125526 by skippy75
ESA permitted work, selling artwork was created by skippy75
Hi, I am in the ESA support group and on DLA high mob, low care. I have been doing some abstract painting over the last couple of years and I would like to put them up for sale online after some positive reactions to my work. Do I need to apply for permitted work for this?

If I do then I'm not quite sure how to answer a couple of the questions on the PW1 form having seen the sample online. I have no answer for how much will i earn or when I will receive my first payment so I'm not sure what to put in those boxes?

Am I also right in thinking that that I can average out my earnings over a year for the £20 a week limit and deduct reasonable expenses from that total? For example if I sold a single painting for £200 in a 12 month period could I keep all of that as it works out as less than £20 a week?

Thank you very much for the help, the DWP don't make anything easy when your trying to do things right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125528 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA permitted work, selling artwork
skippy

I am afraid there are no hard and fast rules with regard to how the DWP will deal with any income that results from this, it will be entirely dependant on how a Decision Maker treats it, all you can do is present your case to them and see what they say.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago #125530 by skippy75
Replied by skippy75 on topic ESA permitted work, selling artwork

Gordon wrote: skippy

I am afraid there are no hard and fast rules with regard to how the DWP will deal with any income that results from this, it will be entirely dependant on how a Decision Maker treats it, all you can do is present your case to them and see what they say.

Gordon

Thank you for the reply. Would it be better for me to make an appointment at the job centre plus to get this sorted out in this case? Would that be a disability employment advisor?

Or do i just fill in the form now and submit all the information when a sale is made and let the DWP tell me what they want to do?

More
9 years 7 months ago #125531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA permitted work, selling artwork
Skippy

The JC+ offices don't deal with these matters, it will be the DWP office that deals with your claim that you need to contact.

I would explain what you are doing on the PW1 form and attached sheets if necessary, you need to understand how they will deal with your income in advance as you cannot earn more than about £102/week, if they treat you income as earned in the week of a sale you could easily exceed the limit and doing so will result in your ESA claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris