× Members

out-of-date evidence to submit with ESA50

More
9 years 7 months ago #125527 by Chrissy
Hi

I have been told last year that I am in the support group until June 2015.

As we only get four weeks once the ESA50 is received, I thought I would start preparing early and arrange an evidence letter from my GP.

Last year, my ESA50 form was a year later than I expected.

If the next ESA50 form comes much later than expected, will I need to ask my GP to do another evidence letter, if the one I am preparing is not recent enough.
How recent do evidence letters have to be?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125529 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic out-of-date evidence to submit with ESA50
Chrissy

Ideally medical evidence needs to be of a similar date to the ESA50, obviously for most claimants that will be very difficult so ATOS and the DWP are used to seeing reports that are older, however, they will depreciate the value of the report the older that it is, the only real exceptions to this being where the claimant either a disability unlikely to improve or one that actually deteriorates.

You should also be aware that there are currently considerable delays in the ESA assessment process and as a result many re-assessments are being deferred, so it is perfectly possible that your claim will not be looked at again next year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago #125532 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic out-of-date evidence to submit with ESA50

Gordon wrote: Chrissy

Ideally medical evidence needs to be of a similar date to the ESA50, obviously for most claimants that will be very difficult so ATOS and the DWP are used to seeing reports that are older, however, they will depreciate the value of the report the older that it is, the only real exceptions to this being where the claimant either a disability unlikely to improve or one that actually deteriorates.

You should also be aware that there are currently considerable delays in the ESA assessment process and as a result many re-assessments are being deferred, so it is perfectly possible that your claim will not be looked at again next year.

Gordon

Hi Gordon

Thanks very much for your speedy reply.
Last year, when I went through the process, my mental health really deteriorated for the length of time it took from getting the letter advising me an ESA50 would be sent, and receiving the result.
I really hope there is a delay as June 2015 feels too soon.
I think, at this stage, I will just tell my GP about the situation, and see what she wants to do about it.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125533 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic out-of-date evidence to submit with ESA50
Chrissy

You are quite lucky to have a GP is willing to provide assistance so I think it is a good idea to involve them in deciding how to approach this situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris