× Members

Head Injury and the Work Capability Assessment

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125587 by Crazydiamond
Is it still the case that if a claimant with a head injury presents for the work capability assessment, it has to be carried out by a doctor as opposed to any other healthcare professional?

I have trawled through all 240 pages of the WCA handbook and other resources to ascertain if a doctor should still undertake the WCA but to no avail. Therefore, if anybody can point me in the direction as to where i can find the required information, I would be much obliged.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125588 by slugsta
Hi CD, nice to see you. I am never sure whether this is an official rule or just a guideline, I'm sure one of the other mods will have a definitive answer for you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago #125589 by bro58

Crazydiamond wrote: Is it still the case that if a claimant with a head injury presents for the work capability assessment, it has to be carried out by a doctor as opposed to any other healthcare professional?

I have trawled through all 240 pages of the WCA handbook and other resources to ascertain if a doctor should still undertake the WCA but to no avail. Therefore, if anybody can point me in the direction as to where i can find the required information, I would be much obliged.

Hi CD,

Good to hear from you !!

I hope you are as well as can be expected.

Yes, there was guidance stating that there are certain medical conditions where the ADA should be a Doctor.

As I recall, Neurological conditions were included, I think that it was only "Guidance" and seem to remember it coming to light in an FOI request.

I will have a look through my own database, and post anything that I can find on this thread.

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125590 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Head Injury and the Work Capability Assessment

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: Hi CD, nice to see you. I am never sure whether this is an official rule or just a guideline, I'm sure one of the other mods will have a definitive answer for you.

Yes, it is nice to have time to post in the forum again but the notation that I am still a forum moderator needs to be removed. Unforunately, since my last visit it is completely new software, and I have to admit I have forgotten how to amend my profile!

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125591 by slugsta
Gordon is the Mr Big here these days, he might be able to help with the technical stuff.

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125593 by Mags
I was seen by a doctor for my WCA last year, I have a head injury. They had to cancel my first appointment as they had not sent my notes, and the lady at the desk told me that they would have to send my next appointment to me and if I had to cancel I had to stipulate I was a doctor only case, this was why she couldn't rebook my botched appointment.

Hope this is of some use.

Mags

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.