× Members

Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125745 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

Susie wrote: They haven't made an appointment yet they have just invited me to text them for a cancellation. I assumed they used the ATOS centre but this isn't the case then?

If you do not take up their offer of a short notice appointment then they may still offer you an appointment at their offices, but as Bro has already advised this may take some time to arrange and could easily involve a substantial journey, it is extremely unlikely that it will be at the offices that you went to for your ESA assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125747 by Susuan
Replied by Susuan on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.
Thanks
Have you heard of people being penalised by having home visits - I feel stressed by the thought of it.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago #125749 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

Susie wrote: Thanks
Have you heard of people being penalised by having home visits - I feel stressed by the thought of it.

Hi S,

As previously advised, the majority of Capita PIP Assessments are carried out in the home.

Most of the feedback that we receive from members regarding the manner and professional attitude of the Capita PIP Assessors is positive.

So the answer to your question is "No" we have not received any negative feedback stating that PIP Claimants have felt disadvantaged by having a Home Assessments.

The vast majority of PIP Claimants seem to prefer a Home Assessment, and if ATOS were your PIP Assessment Provider you would suffer the opposite, whereas it would be very difficult to obtain a Home Assessment.

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago #125752 by Susuan
Replied by Susuan on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.
Thanks
I will text them then and let you know the outcome of my assessment
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago #125755 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Text from CAPITA about short notice appt.

Susie wrote: Thanks
I will text them then and let you know the outcome of my assessment

Hi S,

Do please keep us updated.

See Page 63 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.