× Members

atos medical for esa

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125765 by Ian S
atos medical for esa was created by Ian S
I have to attend a medical 12 months after filling in my 2nd form fof esa . I have been recieving esa for 12months in the support group from 1st form I filled in. Is this normal to have medical 12months after completing my 2nd form
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 6 months ago #125771 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic atos medical for esa
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It should not be, but unfortunately periods of 12 months or more have become common place before the claimant hears anything from ATOS after returning an ESA50.

The issue here is have your limitations increased or changed since the time that you sent your ESA50 into ATOS ?

If they have, you may wish to contact ATOS and inform them of this :

To the right of : This Page under heading : WCA Customer Service:

You are allowed to rearrange a "medical" once if you wish, but would need to ensure that you did not miss the rearranged "medical" if that was the case.

If you feel that your limitations prelude you from attending a "medical" you could bring this issue up with ATOS and request a Home Assessment.

You would need to gain a letter of support regarding this from you G.P., which generally needs to be Faxed to ATOS.

If ATOS still insist that you attend you have little choice but to comply.

See : ESA Medical – What to expect

If necessary you could fill in a fresh ESA50, which can be downloaded and saved to your P.C. from the link on this FAQ :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the Guides on this page : ESA Claims Guides

You could then forward the fresh ESA50 to ATOS, The DWP ESA DM at the address of the office dealing with your ESA on your most recent letter, and even take a copy along to the "medical" if you do have to attend.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris