× Members

PIP planning and following a journey

More
9 years 5 months ago #125828 by mb
Replied by mb on topic PIP planning and following a journey
Thankyou will phone now and request report.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #125840 by Jill
Replied by Jill on topic PIP planning and following a journey
Good luck with your appeal. Our appeal on 31st October is for the same reason so I will be interested to see how you get on. This forum has been a brilliant help so far on our "PIP journey".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
9 years 5 months ago #125957 by mb
Hi,
itook your advise and phoned and asked for the assessment report, as well as mentioned that i had not had a cm/dm call. well within 5 mins they called me back he was a little taken back to what i was disagreeing with (his words not mine), i replied that it is the planning a journery i was disagreeing with and explained how my condition affects me i reported that it was explained in the assessment as i am unable to follow a unfilimilar route without support, he did report that my condition can cause cognitive problems,even talking to him about it made me panicky.
Any way he said he would look at what the assessor had written and noted,and that a MR would be done he asked whether i had any supporting eviedence, in which i thought would be in report.
well got my report today.on plalanning journery the assessor had wrote that i am capable, but in the report she wrote unable to plan aaa unfilimilar route and needs support. she wrote that i drive to work 4 mornings a week even though its a fimiliar route and when i can not drive i get a lift.also there was no mention of how i reacted to the question on the bus and because this wasnt discussed i didnt put my point across.

please could you advise what my next step is as if they go with the report i will not be awarded points.

thankyou

More
9 years 5 months ago #125963 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP planning and following a journey
MB

The average time for an MR is probably around 8 weeks at the moment but they can be a lot longer.

If the DM does not overturn the Decision, then your next option is to lodge an appeal with the Tribunal Service. This is explained in our PIP MR & Appeal guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 5 months ago #125964 by mb
Thankyou Gordon for your reply,

Because my report hasnt got got anything written about in the aseessment, only that i can drive to work, which is a filmiliar journey and 1 mile down my road. should i phone and say i would like to put in eveidence, as i thought the evidence would of been documented.

thankyou

More
9 years 5 months ago #125968 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP planning and following a journey

mb wrote: Thankyou Gordon for your reply,

Because my report hasnt got got anything written about in the aseessment, only that i can drive to work, which is a filmiliar journey and 1 mile down my road. should i phone and say i would like to put in eveidence, as i thought the evidence would of been documented.

thankyou

If you have evidence to submit then there is no reason not to submit it to the MR process, it could make the difference to the Decision being overturned or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mb

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.