× Members

Have we forgotten anything ?

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125788 by Noodles
Have we forgotten anything ? was created by Noodles
Hi B&W,

I posted a few days ago about my husband receiving a letter from the DWP that he could now claim his upcoming Pension Credit to replace his current ESA (IR). Having checked with both Age concern and our local CAB it would seem we would now be financially better off with Pension Credit should we go ahead with this huge move. Obviously money is not everything here,so I'm posting this to check what else we should potentially look into before making the phone call to the Pension service and also to inform the DWP of our decision. We have been told hubby's health benefits will still remain in place under his new Pension Credit,things like Precriptions,Dental care and Opticians help to be included apparently. We have been told we should should get a Guaranteed amount as a couple,plus a reduced Carers addition as I would lose my current Carers allowance,and we don't have anty real savings. We own our home,don't have any other claim exept DLA including hubby's care and Mobility payments which aim told won't be classed as income.

Have we forgot anything ?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125790 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Have we forgotten anything ?
Hi Noodles,

I'm sure you understand that we cannot advise you to take any particular course of action. In your case I think I would feel reassured that CAB and Age Concern have given you the same advice.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago #125794 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Have we forgotten anything ?
Noodles

I would query the loss of Carers Allowance as I am not aware of any restriction with PC that would prevent CA being claimed. It will be treated as income in regard to PC but would enable the Carers Premium to be paid, basically as it is already for your ESA(IR) claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Noodles

More
9 years 7 months ago #125796 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Have we forgotten anything ?
Hi Mrs Hurtyback,

Thanks for replying.

I understand the situation,encouragingly Both Age concern and the CAB told us the same facts and figures. It's just so difficult to hand over something that we (with B&W help) fought tooth and nail to get over many months,was just looking for a bit of re assurance after all the worry I have had recently,but understand the rules and always have done.

Thank you all once again. Your help has been invaluable as I am sure it will be when we are in need of it again with Hubby's PIP next year.

Keep up the fantastic help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125801 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Have we forgotten anything ?
Gordon,

We have been told by both AC & CAB that we would receive a Carers premium of £34 To replace my current Carers allowance but keep the full DLA amount.

Does that seem right ?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125802 by
Replied by on topic Have we forgotten anything ?

Noodles wrote: Gordon,

We have been told by both AC & CAB that we would receive a Carers premium of £34 To replace my current Carers allowance but keep the full DLA amount.

Does that seem right ?

Hi N,

To be exact, the current rate of The Carers Premium is £34.20/Week, and you would keep the full amount of DLA. :)

See : Benefit Rates 2014

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris