× Members

DLA-PIP Timetable

• djtwycross@yahoo.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #125845 by djtwycross@yahoo.co.uk
DLA-PIP Timetable was created by djtwycross@yahoo.co.uk
Hi,
I'm a bit uncertain about the precise meaning of the term "due to end" in reference to DLA. I assume the DWP mean due to end soon ie before the National DLA to PIP Role out in 2015. I cant find anywhere where they say this though. So is this correct: If you have DLA that doesnt runout until after 2015 and theirs no change in circumstance you wont be invited for PIP until after October 2015. Then people will be selected at random.
One final point, in the DWP PIP document that mentions the timetable. It says people with an indefinite award will be selected at random after October 2015. It doesnt mention what happens to those with a finite DLA award that runs out after October 2015. Thats why I'm confused, is it just a mistaken omission or does it Imply something.

Thanks
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #125846 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA-PIP Timetable
DJ

In case you are not aware, your email address appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The current plan is as follows, however, it is possible that another Government may revise the timescale.

Claimants with fixed term awards in active PIP areas will be invited to claim PIP about 20 weeks before their DLA comes up for renewal, if necessary the DLA award will be extended until a Decision on the PIP claim is made.

Claimants with an indefinite award will be selected at random an invited to claim PIP from October 2015 onwards.

So if you have a fixed term award renewing in 2015 then I would expect you to be invited to claim PIP as it comes up for renewal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• djtwycross@yahoo.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #125847 by djtwycross@yahoo.co.uk
Replied by djtwycross@yahoo.co.uk on topic DLA-PIP Timetable
Thanks Gordon I really appreciate the reply. Mine ends in 5 years so is it likely that those people with an finite award that runs out after October 2015 will be treated the same as those with an indefinate award. It seems strange the document doest say what will happen to this group though, ie when the award runs out after October 2015 but before 2017 (if things go to plan), or as the indefinate group selection at random.

Thanks
Dan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.