× Members

Esa runs out!

• Paul Harper
  • Topic Author
9 years 6 months ago #125852 by Paul Harper
Esa runs out! was created by Paul Harper
I have been in esa for about two years and have been told that on November 5 my claim for esa will run out. The people at Seetec won't tell me much and what should I do? I've been told that I should apply for jobseekers but I've also been told that if I'm not fit to work then I can be refused?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #125859 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa runs out!
PH

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Unless you are referring to the Time Limit on ESA(CB) payments (see below), which would not seem to apply if you have been in receipt of ESA for two years, then you need to ask Seetec why they are saying this!

ESA is an indefinite award with regular re-assessment, so unless there has been a Decision removing your award you will continue to be paid ESA.

Is it possible that they are referring to your Work Programme assignment ending, if this is the case then you will continue to receive ESA but will be returned to the management of your local JC+ office.

If you are receiving ESA(CB) and are approaching the end of your 365 days then JC+, not Seetec, should contact you about this, depending on your personal circumstances you may be eligible for Income Related ESA and payments will continue. ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris