× Members

WCA - No Doctor available

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #126024 by klaus10
WCA - No Doctor available was created by klaus10
I was supposed to have an atos assessment today, nine months after returning the ESA50. I turned up, waited for 10 minutes and was told that I had to see a doctor but there was no doctor to see me and my assessment would have to be re-arranged. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I also heard her say to someone on the phone that this is a multi-file case. What does this mean? I have been on IB and ESA for the past 14 years and have had 6 or seven assessments with 2 appeal wins during that time. Are atos reviewing all my previous assessments with the current ESA50? Does it not seem strange that no doctors are there to carry out these medical assessments?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #126026 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WCA - No Doctor available
Hi Klaus,

Yes, this does crop up occasionally. Claimants with some medical conditions are supposed to be assessed by a doctor. Many other assessments are carried out by nurses, midwives and physios and ATOS seems to be generally short of health professionals in general. It seems that the people who organise the appointments don't know who has to be seen by whom so the claimant is turned away at the last minute, after someone has had a look at the file.

I'm afraid I don't know what a 'multi file' case is as ATOS don't usually look at the paperwork associated with previous claims.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: klaus10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris