× Members

pip

More
9 years 5 months ago #126287 by nicolesnin
pip was created by nicolesnin
Hi i haven't been on for a while. even though my dla isn't up till next november but i'm already worrying about it changing to PIP. I worry in advance as a lot of people on here will do too. What I would like to know is has anyone gone over to PIP without having a face to face assessment? and have just got it through filling in the form and relevant extra information....
I dont know which i think is worse, going out to an assessment or having a stranger come into my home asking questions..thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #126289 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
nicolesnin

When PIP was originally introduced the target was for only some 2% of claims to be decided on what is called scrutiny (i.e. no assessment), recently the DWP have announced that they are willing for this figure to be increased to as much as 20% of claims.

That said, whether an individual claimant is assessed or not will depend entirely on the level of detail on their PIP form and the evidence attached.

We currently have no statistics in regard to how many claimants are receiving awards without an assessment but I am aware of B&W members and members on other forums who have received PIP under these circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolesnin

More
9 years 2 months ago #128683 by nicolesnin
Replied by nicolesnin on topic pip
on the pip form does this statement ...( Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 14 hours a week) mean you need assistance for more than 14 hours a week or your therapy takes more than 14 hours a week? thanks.

More
9 years 2 months ago #128723 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip

nicolesnin wrote: on the pip form does this statement ...( Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 14 hours a week) mean you need assistance for more than 14 hours a week or your therapy takes more than 14 hours a week? thanks.

It could be either. As an example if you received home dialysis then the treatment itself may last 14 hours, with assistance being required at the start and the end of the process, alternatively the treatment might be the taking of a tablet which is required to be taken after food, the preparation of which might take 14 hours to do over a week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #128732 by nicolesnin
Replied by nicolesnin on topic pip
thanks for that Gordon. I think I'm done with questions for today. lol

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.