× Members

MR success

More
9 years 5 months ago #126300 by neptuno
MR success was created by neptuno
THE brown envelope dropped on the mat this morning.

I've been waiting 7 weeks for the result of my request for a mandatory reconsideration of my PIP award. I was originally awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility.

I asked the Decision Maker to look again at the mobility element only (there were inaccuracies in the daily living scoring but I did not challenge this as I already exceeded the number of points required for the enhanced rate). I did not receive any phone contact from DWP at any stage.

I followed the guidelines provided by B&W and provided good evidence to support my request. I kept copies of everything and made sure it was signed for delivery. The seven week wait was horrendous. Then .........

SUCCESS ! The DM increased points for moving around (for planning journeys as I expected) and I now qualify for the enhanced rate for both daily living and mobility. Thank you !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #126303 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR success
Neptuno

Congratulations on getting the award increased.

And think you for posting your result, we have quite a few members challenging PIP awards and I am sure it will increase their confidence to know that claimants can be successful at the MR stage.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: neptuno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.