× Members

PIP appeal times

More
9 years 6 months ago #126805 by Jon
PIP appeal times was created by Jon
Hi there,

I've recently lodged a PIP appeal with HMCTS and have a few questions about average waiting times.

Assuming all the necessary information has been provided by the claimant, generally how long does it take for HMCTS to process the application and pass on the appeal info to the DWP?
Secondly, how common is it for the DWP to request an extension on the 28 day response rule?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #126807 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal times
Jon

Our advice at the moment is for claimants to have any submission and additional evidence ready to send to the Tribunal Service within three weeks of the date on the letter accompanying the DWP evidence "packet".

Whilst there are undoubtedly some variations across the country, most appeals are now being held to the guide timescales and it is unlikely that any allowance will be made for claimants who fail to meet these times.

I would expect the DWP to receive and to start processing an appeal in no more than 10 working days, the major delay is how long it takes these things to get through their internal mail system.

Whilst it may happen, I am not aware of the DWP ever requesting an extension to the one month that they have to prepare and submit their case, to be honest it is usually only a couple of hours work as they use template letters and documents, it may happen for complicated cases, but very few appeals would come under this heading

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.