× Members

PIP -- DWP denying receipt from HMCTS

More
9 years 6 months ago #127147 by Jon
Hi all,

It has now been 14 days since I received a letter from HMCTS confirming my appeal request and stating that they had sent a response request to the DWP. This morning I spoke to the PIP helpdesk and was informed that as of yet no such correspondence has been received. A quick call to HMCTS confirmed that a response request had been posted to the DWP on the 26th November. It was also confirmed that a digital copy was emailed to the DWP on the same date.

It is established that on receiving notification from HMCTS, the DWP has 28 days in which to make a response submission. The question -- would the 28 day response period begin from the date the request was issued by HMCTS, or the date the request is registered by the DWP as received? That is, in my case, does the DWP have 28 days from 26th November when the request was physically/digitally sent, or 28 days from whichever date they manage to find the document within their internal systems?

I am only too aware of the sluggishness of the DWP's internal mail system -- it has taken exactly 30 days from posting for PIP to acknowledge receipt of my SAR, which is merely 'received', with no action yet taken. I am hoping they will prove a bit swifter in their interactions with HMCTS, or at least be held to account if they do not!

Regards,
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #127150 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP -- DWP denying receipt from HMCTS
Jon

If I had to pick one date over the other then I would go with the one on the notification from HMCTs to the DWP.

The usual worst case for the DWP internal mail system is 10 working days, which I think would be today.

It shouldn't take the DWP more than a couple of days to submit their case, although how long it will take for your file to get to the top of the pile is another matter. That said, it would be unusual for the DWP to fail to action the request within the 28 days, but with Xmas and New Year it is a possibility, but even if this happens it is unlikely that HMCTs will chastise them for doing so.

We are aware that Tribunals are now being held very quickly, so you should start work on your submission and sourcing any evidence now, rather than waiting for the DWP evidence packet to arrive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.