× Members

training courses whilst on esa support

• ken
  • Topic Author
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #127169 by ken
i hope this question can be addressed here as i've got nowhere else to go.

i'm on esa support,sometimes i can be OK for a week or so other times i can be bedridden with mental health and physical problems that go on for weeks/ i want to look forward to things improving and as such want to take some training courses in case i get well enough to work again -i would do the courses ,4 spread over a few years ,each course 4 days long 10 hour days.the training course s are provided by a private company -do they have a legal obligation to tell the DSS that i am doing the course?

i read that Most full-time students can’t get income-related ESA, but you can if you’re getting DLA or PIPs, i'm income related and at present receive DLA, could a course that is 4 days long and 10 hours per day and taken just once a year have an impact on my esa/dla claims? if indeed the private course providers are obligated to "share"information with the DSS.the courses i'm interested in are flexible and can be fitted roud my bad days.the reason i ask is because of the following piece of writing from a dss web page:"If you study part-time it shouldn’t affect your claim for income-related ESA (although be aware that being able to study part-time may show you can do a certain amount of work)" what concerns me with this, is that the ability to study can show an ability to do a certain amount of work. would the small amount of studying i would be doing (4 days per year)represent the showing of an ability to work that could mean i could get moved from support to work related?

i know people will be laughing at that fact that i'm concerned about a course that lasts only 4 days but i think we are dealing with a fascist government that despises sick and disabled people and will do just about anything to cause problems for them.the government are sneaky horrible creatures!

thanks in advance for any help,

ken
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #127172 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic training courses whilst on esa support
Ken

If the courses are only 4 days in length then there should be no problems with you doing them, the restriction applies to what are described as fulltime courses, which these are not.

As the course suppliers telling the DWP, no they won't contact the DWP, they don't even need to know that you are receiving benefits.

I hope you enjoy them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ken
  • Topic Author
9 years 5 months ago #127175 by ken
Replied by ken on topic training courses whilst on esa support
thanks a lot Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.