× Members

The illusive Christmas Bonuses

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #127259 by petrocelli
The illusive Christmas Bonuses was created by petrocelli
:woohoo: Hi all

I’m such a coward because last year I didn’t get my Christmas Bonus because I was too scared to contact DWP and the same is probably gonna happen again this year!

Anyone else out there going to be missing out on their Christmas Bonus, because they are too scared to make contact in case it generates a dreaded envelope?

I have read that the advice is that it shouldn’t, but I’m too scared to take the risk.

Many thanks

P.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #127263 by
Replied by on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses

petrocelli wrote: :woohoo: Hi all

I’m such a coward because last year I didn’t get my Christmas Bonus because I was too scared to contact DWP and the same is probably gonna happen again this year!

Anyone else out there going to be missing out on their Christmas Bonus, because they are too scared to make contact in case it generates a dreaded envelope?

I have read that the advice is that it shouldn’t, but I’m too scared to take the risk.

Many thanks

P.

Hi p,

There is no logical reason why an inquiry regarding non payment of your Xmas Bonus should instigate a reassessment of your ESA "Grouping".

Especially as there is such a backlog.

Christmas Bonus

As you will see payment of the £10 should made automatically from the first pay week of December.

A lot of ESA recipients miss the fact that they have received the Xmas Bonus, as it is simply added to their usual ESA payments into the Bank.

The £10 is sometimes paid separately, in which case it is a lot easier to spot.

bro58

More
9 years 5 months ago #127267 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses
Hi, I've received mine already, and it was in with my regular payment. I'm sure you'll receive yours as well, as the mod said just keep an eye out for it especially in your usual payment. Perhaps that's how you missed it last year? Keep the faith
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 5 months ago #127273 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses
Same here, I received my CB which was included in my fortnightly payment :)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 5 months ago #127274 by boadicea
Replied by boadicea on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses
Hi P - I didn't receive my bonus last year with my usual payment. I did phone eventually. I was told that there had been a problem with a batch of those migrated, as they had not been set up to receive the bonus. After I'd phoned, they paid the bonus as a separate payment.

This year it has arrived as part of my usual payment.

Hope you can get this sorted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , slugsta

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 5 months ago #127282 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses
The Christmas Bonus is usually paid as as a one off £10 if you're in a qualifying Benefit. My wife a State Pensioner & DLA recipient got her £10 paid into our bank account about 3 weeks ago, whilst I, a State Pensioner and DLA recipient had mine paid in today.

For qualifying benefits see Christmas Bonus

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: , petrocelli

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris