× Members

The illusive Christmas Bonuses

More
9 years 4 months ago #128048 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses
I am in WRAG and I haven't received it and its 14/1/15 and I am afraid to ring up about it. My dad Passed away on 5/12/14 and it has been a very bad time at the end of the worst couple of years of my life, I just wanted some respite from it all , but they soon stopped me £5 a week that I have to pay back for an over payment

CV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #128065 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses
Dear Chrissy V

My most heartfelt condolences and believe me when I tell you my empathy is genuine!

Thank you for taking the time to post and I’ve been wondering how things have been going for you as you really have had a rough time of it, going by your previous postings some months back, where I was metaphorically holding my breath for you!

Whilst I didn’t phone them, I did, however, have a nice surprise when I discovered that the bonus had been attached to my December payment this year!

Chrissy………………..thinking of you.

Thanks to all of you who’ve posted on this subject, much appreciated.

P.

More
9 years 4 months ago #128348 by chrissy v
Thank you Petrocelli for your kind words, probably one of the worst years of my life, although I did win one appeal but lost the other, and I am really not sure if being in the Wrag group I was entitled to the Christmas Bonus which I have never received, but I am really pleased you did receive yours.
The very best of wishes to you.

Chrissy V
The following user(s) said Thank You: petrocelli

More
9 years 4 months ago #128352 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses
Chrissy

It is the type of ESA you receive that determines eligibility for the Christmas bonus, not the group you are in.

I know that it is "only" £10 but that is a lot to us on benefit, so I would encourage you to chase this up if you believe you are eligible, you can always write to them or get a friend or relative to phone on your behalf.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 4 months ago #128357 by chrissy v
Thank you Gordon, I am in IR ESA Wrag group, I am no longer in receipt of DLA so I thought that I didn't qualify anymore, and yes £10 is a lot of money to me.

Chrissy V

More
9 years 4 months ago #128359 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The illusive Christmas Bonuses

chrissy v wrote: Thank you Gordon, I am in IR ESA Wrag group, I am no longer in receipt of DLA so I thought that I didn't qualify anymore, and yes £10 is a lot of money to me.

Chrissy V

I am afraid that it is Contribution Based ESA that qualifies not ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris