× Members

PIP new diagnosis

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #127347 by rachel1
PIP new diagnosis was created by rachel1
Hi, I wondered if you could give me some advice on my PIP claim.

I currently get ESA and DLA, and received my transfer to PIP form in May. I sent it back in June with evidence from my psychiatrist, CPN and support worker about my mental health problems. I haven't heard anything yet.

Last month I was diagnosed with autism. I'm currently waiting for the report from the psychologist with a cover sheet for claiming benefits etc. I'm trying to decide whether or not to send this off to support my PIP claim. I am nervous about doing this as I worry it will trigger an automatic reassessment of my ESA claim, and I'm not sure if it will make any difference to my PIP claim anyway.

Do you know if it is likely to trigger a reassessment? I have a huge fear of medicals, of travelling etc. and I don't want to risk another ATOS nightmare.

Thankyou
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #127361 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP new diagnosis
Rachel

If you have been diagnosed with Autism then this is not something that has occurred overnight :)

So your ESA will have been awarded on the basis of you suffering from the effects of the condition, even if you did not know at the time that you were suffering from it, as such there should be no need for your ESA to be looked at again because of this just because you now have a diagnosis.

In regard your PIP, whilst having a diagnosis is not a specific requirement, having one is likely to improve the chances of an award as it will hopefully confirm that the limitations that you have detailed on the claim form are the result of your Autism, so I would recommend your sending the information to the Assessment Provider if you have been notified of who this is and the DWP for their records.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rachel1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.