× Members

PIP reconsideration

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127350 by Juliw Maybin
PIP reconsideration was created by Juliw Maybin
Thank you to Work and benefits for the invaluble information which helped me have my enhanced mobilry entitlement reinstated after just 3 weeks !!! I have also been awarded the lower rate for care allowance, whislt im incredibly happy that the initial ludicrous decision was over turned I am still very cross that I am nealry £800 out of pocket after handing back my mobilty car and being forced to buy another car which I will have to replace a tow bar we had fitted all because of a incompetent assessor !!!
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127354 by
Replied by on topic PIP reconsideration

Juliw Maybin wrote: Thank you to Work and benefits for the invaluble information which helped me have my enhanced mobilry entitlement reinstated after just 3 weeks !!! I have also been awarded the lower rate for care allowance, whislt im incredibly happy that the initial ludicrous decision was over turned I am still very cross that I am nealry £800 out of pocket after handing back my mobilty car and being forced to buy another car which I will have to replace a tow bar we had fitted all because of a incompetent assessor !!!

Hi JM,

I am really pleased that your Mandatory Reconsideration/Appeal of the initial adverse PIP award was successful, well done !!!! :cheer:

Obviously, I am not so pleased to hear of all the trouble and extra expense that has been caused due to the adverse decision.

Remember, any extra monies owed as a result of the reconsidered positive decision will be backdated to the date of the original adverse decision, and should be payable from that date.

Have you thought of contacting Motability to inform them of your unfortunate circumstances, they may be sympathetic :

www.motability.co.uk/about-us/contact-us/

Have a Merry Xmas and a great New Year !! :)

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago #127356 by Juliw Maybin
Replied by Juliw Maybin on topic PIP reconsideration
Thank you for your reply, I have spoken to mobilty numerous times and there hands are tied, I have been told to submit a complaint to PIP with evidence of expenditure though they dont belive any previous claims have been succesful, however they did comment that my apeal was accepted very quickly due to the medical evidence I was able to supply so watch this space !! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

9 years 3 months ago #127358 by

More
9 years 3 months ago #127363 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP reconsideration
Hi , thanks for taking the time to tell us about your successful MR. I am sorry that you have had such a difficult time because of the initial decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.