× Members

pip help

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127896 by zafira
pip help was created by zafira
hi there i need some help on my claim . i had my medical on the 5th of december2014. i received a letter on the 7th december. the next letter on the 8th. to say thay are checking it. then the brown envelope arrived on the 12th to say i wasnt entitled to it . how can this only take 7 days to make the decision . when there is write up it could take some weeks. i have put a mandatory appeal in . my health is osteoarthritis of the spine ,which i see my consultant on thursday 15th january 2015. temporomandibular of the jaw caused by arthritis told by my gp to which i get pain running to my ear clicking of the jaw and only able to eat soft food when the pain is at its most .IBS flair up;s where i suffer loose stool;s and honestly dont make it to the loo . urinary tract infections where i am unable to control my urine when i have a infection. thay scored me 2points for a aid to wash and 2 points for a aid to dress or undress . thay say i can walk more than 200mtres and much more i would be most grateful for any help to help me challenge this
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip help
LP

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm sorry to hear that you PIP claim was unsuccessful.

I know you joined B&W in October of last year, did you use our guides to complete the PIP2 form?

Your immediate concern is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration so that the DWP can look at your claim again, our PIP MR & Appeal guide explains what you need to do and there are also template letters on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have not already done so, then you should request a copy of the assessment report so that you have a more detailed understanding of why you failed, you can request this over the phone but it is worth following it up in writing.

Is there any new medical evidence that you could submit to the MR?

If you feel up to it you can submit further information to the MR, have another look at your PIP2 form and the comments that have been made and consider whether the DM may have misinterpreted what you stated, what could you change that my make your limitations more clear?

If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127960 by zafira
Replied by zafira on topic pip help
hi there i contacted them today thay have received my mandatory letter do i have to wait for them to reply before i do any thing else . i did receive a report letter with the decision on the claim i see my consultant this thursday 15th january can i ask him to help with this not sure how to deal with it
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127967 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip help

zafira wrote: hi there i contacted them today thay have received my mandatory letter do i have to wait for them to reply before i do any thing else . i did receive a report letter with the decision on the claim i see my consultant this thursday 15th january can i ask him to help with this not sure how to deal with it

The notes you received with the Decision Letter will be from the Decision Maker, you should still request the assessors report by contacting the DWP.

It is certainly worth you speaking to your consultant to see whether they will help you with the MR or an appeal.

Your primary approach to dealing with this is to show that you meet the PIP criteria sufficiently for an award, so you need to back through each of the questions on the PIP2 form in light of the comments by the DM and the assessor to see if you can explain your limitations better to overcome the arguments that you don't score points.

Draw your thoughts up into a document that you can submit to the DWP, you have about 4 weeks (although it may be longer), to send this information to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.