× Members

When to submit DLA RENEWAL?

• Nancy72
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127909 by Nancy72
When to submit DLA RENEWAL? was created by Nancy72
Hi, I am in receipt of Dla and due to my age fall into the Group of people who will continue to receive DLA, being over 65 on the relevant date. My award is due for renewal at the end of May 2015 so I expect the renewal forms anytime now.

I have HRM and have a motability car which is 3 years old in February. Motability know about the timing and have extended my lease until I get my decision.

I wonder whether anyone can tell me what happens if you put your renewal claim in early and they decline it. Do they continue to pay until the original end date,in my case May? Or do payments cease as soon as they make that decision. I am really very worried about when to put my renewal in. On the one hand I want to get it over with as the uncertainty isn't doing me any good at all, but on the other hand I don't want to lose it any earlier than I have to, if they decide not to renew.

I have no reason to think they won't renew, my GP has again indicated that he will support me with a letter, and my condition hasn't changed, but it is always a worry.

Many thanks for any guidance on the timing of a claim.
Nancy
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127930 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When to submit DLA RENEWAL?
Nancy

There's no good answer to this as ultimately it is down to the Decision Maker when the look at your renewal. See

When should I send my renewal form back?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago #127931 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic When to submit DLA RENEWAL?
Hi N72,

There is also a guide entitled : "DLA Changes and Renewals"
"Disability Living Allowance Renewal Claims"

On this page : DLA Guides

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.