× Members

DLA

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127947 by xpgoldmaxx
DLA was created by xpgoldmaxx
Hi All
I am currently in receipt of Higher rate mobility tell march 2016, but my health has got a lot worse and i am waiting to go to Addenbrooks hospital for a bad op on the top of my spine
i am thinking of claiming for care, how would i go about doing this and what should i be getting clued up on.
regards
paul
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127953 by
Replied by on topic DLA

xpgoldmaxx wrote: Hi All
I am currently in receipt of Higher rate mobility tell march 2016, but my health has got a lot worse and i am waiting to go to Addenbrooks hospital for a bad op on the top of my spine
i am thinking of claiming for care, how would i go about doing this and what should i be getting clued up on.
regards
paul

Hi xpgm,

The reporting of a change of Circumstances (C of C) regarding a change/deterioration in your care needs may result in you having to transfer to PIP, rather than your DLA being reviewed.

The above is dependent on whether you live in a "live PIP area" you should be able to check whether you do or not : Here.

If you don't live in a live PIP area, or you live in Northern Ireland (NI) then you would be reviewed under DLA criteria.

In this case, you should be aware that The DWP "could" review your current mobility award also.

Although you can stipulate that only your care needs have changed, and there has been no change to your "Mobility".

You could write this in the Mobility section of the form, and make it clear that you only wish the review to look at your care needs.

If you are in NI, or not in a live PIP area, and it will be a DLA review, see :

DLA Guides

DLA FAQ’s

&

DLA Decision Maker's Guide to DLA & AA

If you are in an active live PIP area, you need to consider this very carefully, and may wish to seek advice :

Where to get advice

They would definitely re-assess your Mobility under PIP criteria, (As well as your "care" (Daily Living) needs) which has totally different and more stringent qualifying criteria than DLA for "walking" limitations.

See : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP Self Test

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

It is therefore important that you first find out whether you are in an active live PIP area before you move forward with reporting a C of C.

If you are in an active PIP area, and do not report a C of C, you would expect to be invited to make a claim (Transfer to PIP) for PIP circa December 2015.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago #127963 by xpgoldmaxx
Replied by xpgoldmaxx on topic DLA
Thank you for your reply.
I think i will leave it until i have to make a new claim.
Regards
Paul

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.